Tuesdays 7-8:15 pm PST (open to California residents) (sliding scale fee–no one turned away for lack of funds)
Meet via Zoom conferencing livestream
(Please pre-register below)
This online group offers a resource for those impacted by the COVID-19 epidemic needing an LGBTQ affirming therapeutic space to help navigate the health crisis. This weekly psychotherapy group led by Dr. Matthew Silverstein meets for 10 weeks (with the option of continuing as needed).
- LGBTQ+ and cultural diversity affirmative
- Learn mindfulness-based cognitive therapy skills to stay grounded, focused, and centered
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and isolation
- Reinforce self care and recovery practices
- Explore dreams, find meaning, creativity, and mutual inspiration
- Receive support and share community resources
Dr. Matthew Silverstein is a licensed clinical psychologist with over twenty years of experience in both private practice and community mental health settings. He specializes in LGBTQ affirmative psychotherapy and is a qualified instructor Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. He also directs the Spiritual and Depth Psychology specialization at Antioch University, Los Angeles.